Learn about the organization, keep abreast of the latest news, discuss issues relevant to admission professional and registrars with colleagues from member institutions, browse employment opportunities and learn how to get involved on the VACRAO website.
VACRAO’S Annual Professional Development Scholarship
Established in 2012, VACRAO’s Professional Development Scholarship offers financial support to VACRAO members for two professional scholarships to be given annually. One individual member (applicant) will be selected to attend (a) SACRAO, and one individual member (applicant) will be selected to attend (b) AACARO, allowing VACRAO members greater exposure to regional and national conferences, as well as, significant opportunity for professional development. By providing this opportunity to its membership, VACRAO also hopes to foster a stronger leadership presence within VACRAO’s executive committee and associated governance roles. Upon returning from the selected conference, VACRAO will encourage the scholarship award winner to bring forth a session idea/presentation for VACRAO’s annual conference, allowing our membership to be more aware of pertinent issues that exist both regionally, as well as, nationally.
Eligibility- The eligibility requirements include:
• The applicant must be employed by an institution who holds a current VACRAO membership
• The applicant must be a current full-time employee with their fellow institution in either the Admissions or Registrar’s Office.
• Applicant has been employed in their respective office for at least 1 year.
• Applicants who meet all requirements are eligible to apply for the scholarship & must adhere to the scholarship application deadline.
• Awards will not exceed $1500.00
• Scholarship amounts are to be used for the following: registration fees, travel and or lodging reimbursements