Jean Rayburn Memorial Grant
Established in 1985, the Jean Rayburn Memorial Grant program offers financial support to VACRAO members for research projects designed to enhance the admissions and registrar professions. The grant was established in memory of Jean Rayburn, a former VACRAO President and Dean of Admission at the University of Virginia.
- Research grants will be awarded to professional members of admissions or records offices of VACRAO member institutions who author, co-author, or sponsor projects to enhance the profession.
- Awards will not exceed $500.
- Proposals must provide a detailed description of the proposed project.
- Research projects must be completed, documented, and sent to the Vice President of Professional Development within one year of the awarding of the grant.
- The research must also be submitted by the author for presentation at the next scheduled VACRAO annual meeting and/or submitted for publication in an appropriate professional journal (such as SACRAO Journal or College and University).
- Only those proposals which will add to the body of knowledge of the admissions and/or records profession will be approved. Their use must extend beyond the boundaries of one institution. Single-institution studies are acceptable, but the author must demonstrate how results may be beneficial to other institutions.
Proposals are received by the Vice President for Professional Development and approved by the Executive Committee.
Grant Application (pdf)